Why TED Talks in the Classroom?
- First of all, Great Content!! Below are a few of my favorites
- Bring Traditional Lessons to Life - Learning about DNA, show a talk about DNA research.
- Real-life examples of knowledge, curriculum knowledge, being put to use in incredible ways.
- Show contributions youth have to make to the world!
- NETS for Teachers, Standard #1, Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity, Item b. 'Engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources." More about ISTE Standards.....
- From the TED website, TED Talks focus on the "power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world." What a great message!
- And finally, TED Talks connects to Core Curriculum!
A Few Videos Not to Miss!