iWork for the Mac
iWork is the Suite of software available on the Mac used to produce documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. It includes Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. Each program functions as follows:
iWork in the Classroom
The tools found in these programs are quite intuitive, making it very easy to teach students how to utilize them. These programs are installed on all Canyons District Mac computers. The advantage with using iWork is in the interface and the accessibility to the other multimedia components on the Mac computers. iWork is very comparable to the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel). Many Microsoft Office documents/presentations/spreadsheets can be opened in an iWork program. Once students have finished a project, the result can be saved in a universal format that can be opened, but not edited on a computer that does not have iWork installed. The formats would be: Pages (pdf), Numbers (csv), and Keynote (mov).
1. Very compatible with other Apple programs.
2. Students and Teachers can create professional presentations and documents.
3. Include great templates that are easy to edit and customize.
1. Not available on PC platforms except through iCloud.
2. Sometimes formatting can be a challenge when converting from a Microsoft Office document/presentation/spreadsheet.
Specific iWork Programs:
Our mission is to improve teaching and learning through the use of appropriate technologies,
supporting students in their progress toward college-, career-, and citizenship-readiness.
Original content distributed on this website is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.