Numbers for Mac:
Numbers is a spreadsheet application for the Mac found in the iWork Suite. This program enables users to analyze and view values and data in a visually appealing way. This page includes information on how to use Numbers to analyze and view data that will be compatible with other iWork programs (Keynote and Pages).
Numbers in the Classroom:
Teachers and students can organize, format and calculate data with formulas using Numbers. Data can be easily imported and then automatically graphed. Students can put in their data from their projects and find mathematical application as they see it represented as a chart, data table, or graph. Numbers is installed on all Canyons District Mac computers.
1. Organizes mathematical data into aesthetically pleasing graphs and charts.
2. Can be imported/exported to and from other iWork programs.
3. Students can see their work interpreted as charts/data tables/graphs and used with presentations.
1. Not available on PC platforms.
2. Formatting can be a problem when importing from a Microsoft Excel document
Check out the User Guide:
Our mission is to improve teaching and learning through the use of appropriate technologies,
supporting students in their progress toward college-, career-, and citizenship-readiness.
Original content distributed on this website is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.