Keynote for Mac
Keynote is a presentation software that includes text effects and transitions, animations, voice-over recording, multimedia integration, built-in themes, the ability to export to YouTube, iTunes, or publish online with iWeb, and can import and export from Microsoft PowerPoint. It is part of iWork Suite of products installed on Mac platform computers.
Keynote in the Classroom
Keynote is installed on all Mac computers in the Canyons District. This program can be a great way for students to create presentations that demonstrate their understanding. These presentations can be exported in a format (mov) that can be published as a podcast or a YouTube video. Learn more by clicking the tutorials on this page!
1. Teachers and students can utilize the intuitive interface to create professional-looking presentations to demonstrate concepts and learning.
2. Files are easily exported and published
3. Allows the importing of content from other iWork programs (Pages and Numbers).
1. Can have issues with formatting when importing from Microsoft Office
2. Is not compatible with the PC platform
Here is the manual for Keynote: