Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac
This is a standard word processing program that is installed on all Mac machines in the district. The interface is very simple to use and is very similar to the PC version of this program.
Word in Canyons District
In this program, teachers and students can create documents and other projects that can be saved easily in many formats. The Word format is .docx. When you see a file with this extension at the end of it, Microsoft Word is the intended program to open the file.
1. Versatile document creation program
2. Create brochures, calendars, documents, newsletters, and notebooks.
3. Outlining is very user friendly and offers a variety of bullets and other options.
4. Create PDFs easily by Saving in this format.
5. Saving a document on the Mac in this format (.docx) usually opens easily in Word for the PC.
1. Formatting from other programs can be tricky if the layout is complicated.
Last edited by:
Our mission is to improve teaching and learning through the use of appropriate technologies,
supporting students in their progress toward college-, career-, and citizenship-readiness.
Original content distributed on this website is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.