Mobile Lab Guidelines:
As technology gets smaller, students now have access to tools in their classroom. Much of the time a school will have a Mobile Lab that is shared between teachers and often the entire school. While this is a very convenient way for students to engage in curriculum, a Mobile Lab presents some unique management challenges. There are guidelines to consider to be able to facilitate the most engaging learning experience possible.
1. Portable- can facilitate learning in locations other than the Creativity Lab. Students can move to other areas and work individually or in small groups.
2. Transitions can be more efficient as students don't need to leave the classroom and travel to the lab.
3. iOS devices and modern laptops are the most modern technology available. Students are excited to use the tactile advantage of having their own devices.
1. Portable equipment is more vulnerable to damage as it is being transported.
2. Battery power can be an issue when the devices aren't charged properly.
Our mission is to improve teaching and learning through the use of appropriate technologies,
supporting students in their progress toward college-, career-, and citizenship-readiness.
Original content distributed on this website is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.